- Check back for the latest news...
- 9/10/12 - The U.S. House Republican Policy Committee featured congressional oversight of the problem-causing Compliance Safety Accountability program recently. In its August 20 newletter, Policy Points, the RPC ran this item about CSA and Small Business Committee oversight of the program:
"RPC Policy Point of the Week: “Is the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability Program Driving Small Businesses Off the Road?”Courtesy of the House Committee on Small Business – click here to access."
ASECTT appreciates the much-needed exposure Congress has been giving to CSA lately. It's definitely a regulatory scheme run amok.
- 6/14/2012 - Truckinginfo.com "Survey: CSA Continued Concern for Carriers and Shippers"
- 4/2012 LINKEDIN - Transportation Law Group Members: "HOW MANY MORE WAYS MUST IT BE PROVEN THAT CSA/SMS DATA IS NOT A SAFETY RATING, and that such data includes ratings on less than 20% of all registered carriers within arbitrary peer group ratings..."
- 3/23/2012 LINKEDIN - BrokerLoads.com Transportation Think Tank Members: "AS A BROKER, YOU ARE MUCH MORE AT RISK BY CSA/SMS THAN A REQUIREMENT FOR A $100K BOND. If FMCSA is allowed to continue displaying invalid and unreliable SMS BASICs data on carrier safety, every time..."
- 3/20/2012 LINKEDIN - Transportation Law Group Members: "HOW MANY MORE WAYS MUST IT BE PROVEN THAT CSA/SMS DATA IS NOT A SAFETY RATING, and that such data includes ratings on less than 20% of all registered carriers within arbitrary peer group ratings..."
- 3/8/2012 LINKEDIN - "Shippers: Pay Attention and Heed Brent’s Advice Before it’s Too Late! - Article from Logistics Management logisticsmgmt.com Given the potential exposure for companies, you would hope that transportation professionals take the time to get well versed on these issues, and then take appropriate actions to make sure their company’s interests are..."
- 2/2012 - LINKEDIN - "LOSS OF JOBS BY CARRIERS AND DRIVERS will continue unfairly if FMCSA is not required to take down CSA/SMS site, and do their job of simply rating carriers satisfactory, unsatisfactory, or conditional"
- 2/2012 - LINKEDIN - Transportation Law Group Members: "In summary, the SafeStat measurement system of carrier safety was invalid and unreliable at the time of the ruling in Schramm."
- 2/2012 - LINKEDIN - Transportation Law Group Members: "HOW MUCH DOES THIS GROUP REALLY KNOW ABOUT CSA/SMS BASICS: Actual case: How does a carrier's BASIC score on Unsafe Driving go from 47% to 89.3% in one day."
Below is a list of the latest media coverage.